We respects your right to privacy and we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors.
Who we are
Our website address is: http://ogbemea.com.
Why we collect personal information
In order to provide information about our events we need to collect personal data for correspondence and service provision.
What information do we collect?
We only collect personal information that is appropriate for the purposes mentioned above and that will not constitute an invasion of privacy. This may include:
- Your name
- Your postal address
- Your phone and email details
- Your photograph (for example event’s speakers)
- Demographic information you provide by filling in web/registration/survey forms
- Information about your employment
- Feedback or quotes in relation to service you may access
When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us, and the referring website address.
- Cookies. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to use some of the interactive features offered on our website.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in promotional [or other] e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
- Information collected by third-parties. We may allow third-parties, including (but not limited to) our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties.
- Contact by E-Mail or Contact Form. When you contact us by e-mail or contact form, the data you give us will be stored to reply to your request. Your name, contact details, and, if applicable, other transmitted details will be stored. We delete the occurring data in this context when the storage is no longer necessary or we restrict the use if there are legal archiving obligations.
- Media. If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Who might we share this information with
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our web site or while using our services.
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include providing customer service and marketing assistance, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Business partners: When you make registrations or engage in promotions offered through our website or our services, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes.
When registering for any of our event, all delegates have the ability to opt-out of appearing on any delegate list. Delegate lists only ever contain the name of the attendees and associated company, no further contact details are given.
Our data processors (third parties) are required to keep all personal data securely and to only use such data in the process of delivering services to us. Once delivery of the service is complete they are required to dispose of all the data in line with our procedures and the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
We do not offer, or allow the selling of, any personal information to third parties.
How your information will be used
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the services that you have requested;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our services, or content, or services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by e-mail, services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- communicate with you with regard to partially completed service requests;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- perform background screening, which may include the use of third parties, on Service Professionals
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
How long do we keep hold of this information?
We will not hold personal information longer than is necessary.
Data are principally deleted when the intended use is fulfilled or no longer required, as long as there are no contradicting legal obligations to deletion.
How can I access the information you hold about me?
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us, as well as inform you of your rights as an individual under GDPR . You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. Please see contact details below.
What are the consequences of not providing personal information
If you chose not to provide personal information that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website; we will not be able to keep you informed of, or provide you access to, events, developments and opportunities within the communities we serve.
No Rights of Third Parties
Usage of Google Maps
This website uses the Google Maps API to visually present geographical information. When using Google Maps, Google collects, processes, and uses data of the usage of the map function by visitors. For further information on data processing by Google, refer to Google’s data protection notes. You can also change your personal data protection settings in Google’s data protection center. Detailed instructions on managing your data in conjunction with Google products can be found here.
Embedded YouTube Videos
Some of our websites use embedded YouTube videos. Operator of the corresponding plug-in is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. When you visit a website with a YouTube plug-in, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. The sites you visit are communicated to YouTube in this process. When you are logged in with your YouTube account, YouTube can link your surfing behavior to your person. You can prevent this by previously logging out from your YouTube account.
We reserve the right to change this data protection declaration occasionally, so that it always meets current legal requirements or to implement changes in our data protection declaration, for instance, when new services are introduced. The new data protection declaration is then applicable starting with your next visit to our website.
How to contact us